Sunday, July 14, 2013

Project Life: Update

Back in March, I posted about how I do Project Life. You can check out that post here.I thought that I would do a little update now that we are more than half way through the year. 

For the first five months of the year, I used my own stash. When Becky Higgins released her new kits back in May, I went a little bit crazy. With coupons I purchased the Midnight, Honey, and Kraft core kits. I also purchased the Wedding, Holiday, and Seasons Mini Kits.




 The title card is Midnight. I added some washi tape from Michael's. 
A layout using the Kraft kit.  On the title card I added some American Crafts washi tape that I found at TJ Max. 

x. 

Here are some inserts using the Honey Core Kit. The page protector on the right is by We R Memory Keepers. It has 4- 4X6 pockets and 1-8X6 pocket. I have used this style pocket page a few different times. I really like having one large pocket to highlight a favorite photo. This particular week I added a 5X7 photo onto a 8X6 piece of the Honey patterned paper. 

I store my Core Kits and Mini Kits in the Small Photo and Craft Keeper boxes by Iris. Each box contains six smaller boxes that are just perfect for holding 4X6 cards. It takes three smaller boxes to hold a core kit. I fill the additional smaller boxes with extra cards that I have purchased from other companies or printed online.   I love the Real Life by Ali Edwards Story Cards from Technique Tuesday. 
In terms of the pocket pages I use mostly Design A. If I do any inserts I usually go to Design H and Design G.  Love how Project Life offers lots of variety.I am not picky. I don't worry about the corners being all the same. I love the ability to mix and match page sizes in the same album. The system gives me the parameters of the pockets with the ability to fill them anyway I choose. 

The motivation to continue with Project Life is still really strong. I am still loving it!  Part of it has to do with becoming more comfortable in my storytelling. The amount of product coming out that fits with Project like is also exciting. Telling our story has never been so easy and so beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment