Saturday, July 20, 2013

Weight Watchers: Weeks 1-3

My first three weeks on Weight Watchers has gone extremely well. Here is an update.


Pounds Lost So Far :19.4
Physical Changes: I have noticed that my leg muscles are firmer. My hands and feet are smaller. I also have a lot more energy. It is wonderful to come home from work and still have some energy.
Favorite Foods: Raspberries and Cantaloupe 
Emotional Changes: In the past few weeks I have noticed how much I would mindlessly eat. It would be nothing to eat 3 or 4 leftover breakfast bars at work. Now, before I eat I ask myself why I am eating. Am I hungry? Is the food just there? I also would never pass up a cookie,cupcake,or other treat in the breakroom. Now I really evaluate if that treat is worth the POINTS.   
Biggest Temptations: There have been a lot of temptations. I would love to say that I avoided all of them. My biggest temptation was the cookie bar buffet at a recent funeral. Tons and tons of beautiful cookie bars in a plethora of flavors. I gave in and just might have overdone it a bit. I didn't let my overindulgence spoil the rest of the day. 

A few weeks ago at work, the kids made indoor s'mores. It included marshmallow fluff and chocolate fudge frosting. The smell of the chocolate fudge frosting when you open the can is intoxicating. My first instinct was to dive into that can of chocolate goodness with a spoon and inhale the fudgy delight. It was torture to have to spoon that stuff into bowls on four mornings that week. I tricked my partner-in-crime into dishing up the stuff one morning. One day I indulged and had 1/2 of a graham cracker and a little bit of frosting. It satisfied the craving and took away the power that the temptation had over me.

Biggest Success: Losing 19.4 lbs is a pretty big success! I also concurred a physical roadblock. In my neighborhood there is a hill that I would always avoid. On my walk one day I was feeling especially motivated and tackled that hill. I made it up  without even stopping to rest. Yahoo!


Sunday is my meeting day. I find myself really looking forward to it. I have a little routine that has really been working for me. I start my Sunday off with a walk. I head to the early service at church. Next up is my meeting followed by a trip to the grocery store. I love routines and this one is really working!

What routines are helpful to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment