Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weight Watchers Update 9/15/13


Pounds lost so far:42 lbs.


Physical Changes: Two clothing sizes down. I have purchased quite a few new skirts at Goodwill and Kmart. Found a cute button down shirt at Target. Yahoo!! This is getting fun! Can't wait to get out of plus size clothing!

I can finally get my rings off of my fingers. Haven't been able to take them off for over 5 years. Plan to get them professionally cleaned. Once I hit my goal weight, I will get them resized!

The heat has bothered me as long as I can remember. It makes me moody and uncomfortable. This summer the heat hasn't bothered me as much as in past years. Maybe next year I can be one of those girls who actually can look cute during the summer. 

Favorite Food:
Who doesn't love chocolate milk? The Silk Pure Almond Dark Chocolate Milk is amazing. It is thick,creamy,and delicious! Last week I tried the Blue Diamond brand of chocolate almond milk. It was good,but not even in the same league as the Silk brand. Plus, the Blue Diamond brand has more calories per 8 oz. serving. The price is pretty much the same. So if you want a an indulgence, go with the Silk brand. 

Biggest Temptation: This past Friday I had a lot to do. I had forgotten my computer at home, so I had to go back and get it. Along the way I stopped at McDonald's for lunch. I don't know why, I had a perfectly good Weight Watchers meal in the fridge waiting for me. I let my frazzled mind talk me into McDonalds. I ordered a cheeseburger kids meal, which wasn't a horrible choice, but a much higher point value than I had originally planned.

Biggest Success: While at Target today I really looked at myself in the mirror. I still had in my head that I looked the way I did when I first started Weight Watchers. Sure, my cloths are baggy. Yet, there is just something about looking at yourself in the mirror.Today I saw that my shoulders are becoming more narrow. My legs are smaller and my face is thinning out. It is such an amazing feeling to look at yourself and actually see that your hard work is paying off. It is such a boost. I have come this far. I can do this. This is do-able! 

Highlight: The meetings are incredible. Even though I don't talk a lot during the meeting, I am getting so much out of it. My leader, Elizabeth is such a fun and encouraging person. She is always ready with a hug or a high-five! I haven't missed a meeting since joining. I look forward to going each week. I love the stickers. 

During the meeting today one of the women said something that made me want to jump up and shout. 

"Deprivation leads to desperation." 

Can I get this stitched on a pillow?! When we deprive ourselves of a certain food it gains power over us. If we keep depriving ourselves of that food that we REALLY want, we come to a point where we become so desperate for it that we lose control and eat a ton of it. We control the food, it doesn't need to control us. 


Don't forget to check out my post on my favorite work out songs!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just wanted you to know that I have been following your blog for about a month now. I found it right after I started doing weight watchers. I love your blogs and especially the new favorite food every week! I have been making updates on my facebook every so often about how I am doing with Weight Watchers and since reading your blog I have included whatever food I am currently obsessed with in those updates.
    Seeing your success inspires me and makes me feel like I can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete