Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Recap of the Last Decade!

I've tried writing this post about three or four times. I never really liked how it came out. So I'm going to do what I do best and make a list :D S0 here is a recap of the last decade of my life!

1. College: Some tough times!

2. Camp Sonshine: The happiest place on earth! Sorry Disney, you have been dethroned!
3. Lived and worked in Washington DC! I miss it! I got to experience the city just before and just after 9/11.

4. Moved back to Vermont to work at St. Johnsbury Academy. Loved it! Miss it!

5. Moved to California! It was "the thing" to move to Colorado or California. I chose California. It was beautiful there. It was HOT there. I lived in the desert! What was I thinking? I had the opportunity to meet some really wonderful people. My only regret was that I didn't have a car, I would have really liked to explore more of the state. I did get up to San Diego a couple of times. It was beautiful! The weather was perfect!

6. Moved to Cincinnati. I really enjoy living in Cincinnati. Yes, I want to live closer to family, but ya know what Cincinnati is a pretty nice place. The people are friendly. There is tons of stuff to do. The price of living is reasonable!

7. Worked at CHPC. During the summer of 2004 I was a children's ministry intern at College Hill Presbyterian church. It was a great experience. I was super excited to be asked to join the staff of the church after the internship! It was a great year working there. I got bogged down with the "business" of the church. I didn't feel like I was free to do what God was calling me to do. So I left. That was a really tough ! I loved the kids and families there! The kids I worked with in the 6th grade youth group are now in 10th and 11th grade. They are driving cars and having boyfriends. Its sooooooooo weird! I feel old!

8. I met and married Michael! What cool guy! I love him and I like him too! That's important I think. He challenges me! I like that, even if I hate that. Does that make any sense? We had the coolest wedding! It was very us! We had pie instead of cake. I threw a bunch of lollipops instead of flowers. It was just fun!


9. The birth of these wonderful nieces and nephews! While I don't get to see them as often as I like, I still love and adore them. I love jumping with Lexi. I love hugging Gleris. I love talking with Reid. I love laughing with Misha. I love reading with Isaiah! I love cooking with Natalie! These kids are amazing! I am so happy that I am their Aunt.
So what is up for this new decade. Here are some goals!

1. Become a Mommy

2. Get a photo published

3. Read lots

4. Blog more! Make more blog friends!

5. Go to some kind of conference. A bloggers conference. A teacher's convention.
A storytelling conference

6. Write a children's book

7. Take a photography class!

8. Make a scrapbook using my parents and Grandparents pictures. I don't want my Grandparents stories to be lost.

Happy New Year! Happy New Decade!
:D

Emily

3 comments:

  1. O wow...these goals are wonderful...and my wish for you is that you reach each and every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of your decade highlights and the goals for the next one. May you work your way through them with joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post! i was doing a little 2009 recap for myself tonight. i like lists :). hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete