Saturday, September 5, 2009

Magazines

I am an active reader of many magazines. Lately, I have noticed that many of the magazines that I read are going out of print. So sad. Here is a list of my favorites who have called it quits


This magazine was amazing. The photography was super. It was almost Martha Stewart like, but for normal people. I was so sad to see it go.
This one closed shop just as I was really getting into digital scrapbooking.

I loved the style of this magazine. The scrapbook layouts that were published were very simple and easy to scrap-lift.

This one I will really miss. I love the articles in the magazine. They were so appropriate to where I am as a Christian woman. A couple months again they did a special section on living up to the "Perfection Proception". Great. TCW is morfing into an online magazine called Kyria. While I'm looking forward to continue reading articles by many of the same contributors as TCW, I don't think I'll get the same satisfaction as cuddling up on the couch with a cup of something nice to drink and a good magazine.


I'm also sad to see this one go. The head offices of this magazine is in Cincinnati. I liked that. I loved the digital scrapbooking downloads they offered. For a while they had a series of articles by the artist/author Sandra Magsamen.

Magazines I hope don't decide to close their doors!







How do you feel about magazines. What ones do you read? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Can't believe all those that are ending. That's sad. I can't do an on-line magazine. I don't like to read on-line. I don't read many magazines right now (no time!) but some of those were ones I liked or would like if I had the chance.

    Two excellent ones for where we are at are Adoptive Families and ADDitude (ADHD related). I don't subscribe cause I know I won't get to read them all but I have borrowed some back issues and had a few adoption ones I still had to catch up on. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete