Saturday, September 12, 2009

Disappointments, Successes, Allegies, and Ants

Disappointments

I got some bad news yesterday. Some news I really didn't want to hear. I didn't receive something that I really longed for. Something that would change my life. Something that would allow me to actually be more me. The opportunity to be less sickly. The opportunity to be more "wifey". The opportunity to have more balance. The opportunity to actually do some good. I didn't get it. While I know there is a reason, and maybe some other opportunity will come around the corner...Disappointment sucks!

Successes

This week I had a minor success that was pretty cool. A write up that I wrote and some photographs that I took were printed in my work's corporate newsletter. This newsletter is distributed around the country. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty pleased!

Allergies

It's allergy season again! Stuffy nose, watery eyes, wheezing, coughing, sore throat, and hives. Excellent. I am beginning to think that I am the most unhealthy person on the planet. Between sinus infections and allergies I'm sick a lot of the time. I have a doctor's appointment coming up, so I'll have to get to the botton of all this stuff. Blah.

Ants

Yesterday at Sam's club, Michael and I had a little snack at the snack counter inside the store. I went over to the area where all the straws, lids, and condiments are kept. What should I see but about 20 or so ants crawling around on the counter. Gross. So I went over to the cashier and told him about the ants. He said he knew about them already. What? You know, but you are not taking care of the situation? Gross! Is our economy so bad that businesses don't care about keeping their facilities clean.


Thats all for now. I'm going back to sleep!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Our society is going down the tubes...scary, but we have to pull up our boot-straps and take care of things our self, no one is going to do it for us...I'm not saying you should go clean up the ants, but it's just sad. I would not go back there. Move on.

    ReplyDelete