Monday, May 4, 2009

I was going through my old e-mail and I found this article that I was sent to me back in 2003! I never opened the e-mail! It was from back when I worked at a High School! Man, I miss those days alot :D Reading this article cheered me up! It reminded me of all the fun and whimsey I had while working with High Schoolers! It reminds me that I need to get back to being the person I was back then. I've become quiet and introverted. While that silly, creative, and caring person is on the inside not much is coming out!

National Donut Day
By Ashley Luneau
Daily News
The day may have started out like any other Wednesday in November. You wake up at 6:30, get dressed, make your bed, drive to school, and go to your locker. Well, this morning was different. Student's entering the main floor of Streeter Hall were greeted by Miss Whitehill yielding a box of Mini Donuts. With her usual smile and good cheer she offered up complementary donuts!
According to Miss Whitehill, November 5th is "National Donut Day"! When asked why she decided to celebrate this unique holiday she responded with, "Everyday is a day to celebrate! Why not celebrate a silly holiday?"
I talked to several students about today's events. Junior Tyler C. commented, "Miss Whitehill is always up to something fun. I work at Dunkin' Donuts, I thought I could help out!" Junior Tim L.told me, " Today was a good day to celebrate! I didn't eat breakfast this morning, it was good to have a snack when I got to school."
I asked Miss Whitehill where she found out about "National Donut Day". I was surprised to learn that she got the information off a website for preschool teachers. She noted that yesterday was "Peanut Butter Lover's Day" and tomorrow is "I LOVE NACHOS DAY"
"National Donut Day" was not the first silly holiday that Miss Whitehill has celebrated here at the Academy. She sites "National Crazy Day" that coincidentally coincided with the LI Weekend festivities and "National Flower Day" as among her favorites so far, with more to come during the year.
" I love to make people smile."

No comments:

Post a Comment